The list of Burials and their photos available HERE
Mogilev Jewish cemetery (the city of Mogilev, Republic of Belarus) is mentioned in some historical references already in the first half of the 18th century. However, officially the first local burial date from 1809. The most active start to fill in the 1930’s Closed in 1995.
Mogilev Jewish cemetery is one of the largest and oldest in the Republic of Belarus. It was formerly exclusively Jewish burial, was annexed after the Christian sector, because of the need to bury the dead during the great Patriotic war and after it.
Conventionally been divided into two parts: prewar and postwar. However, due to the mass subburials as with the free sites and at the site of the destroyed graves, the boundary line between the cemetery disappeared.
Today the cemetery is closed, however, there is a possibility of disposal on the fenced plots, selling land is not allowed. Only on the territory of the Mogilev cemetery is located more than 5 thousand graves, the General condition which can be assessed as average. Most running and destroyed the old Jewish graves. But many of the surviving monuments can rightly be called examples of monumental architecture. They are decorated with inscriptions in Hebrew and traditional decorations, including a Star of David.
Care of graves and monuments are engaged in volunteer organizations, foreign donors and the relatives of the deceased buried here